Conventional Metal Working Fluids Just Don’t Cut It:
Conventional metal working fluids are compromises between cooling and lubrication:
- Cutting oils offer good lubrication but don’t remove heat. Cutting oils break down in the high temperatures generated by high speed cutting tools, leading to varnish, oxidation, and the loss of lubrication.
- Water-based coolants do a better job of cooling, but offer little in the way of lubrication. As emulsions break down, temperatures on the cutting edge of the tools increase, and cause microwelding and build-up on the cutting tool edges, reducing tool accuracy, surface finish, and tool life.
Tool-X: How It Works
Tool-X® is a nanotechnology additive that works in both cutting oil and water based metal working fluids. The physical properties of the carbon nanoparticles enhance both cutting tool and metal working fluid performance:
- The nanoparticles lubricate (reduce friction) between the blade and the chips
- The nanoparticles conduct heat away from the cutting edge of the tool
- The nanoparticles remove build-up on the contact surfaces like a nanoscale polish
- The nanoparticles strain harden / shot peen the metal surfaces of the tool
- The nanoparticles, being inert, withstand high temperatures and don’t break down.
Tool-X is Nano Fluid Technology That Improves Machine Tool Performance:
Tool-X provides tangible benefits to machine tool operators:
- Tool-X allows machines to work at faster feeds and speeds.
- Tool-X improves accuracy and precision and surface finish.
- Tool-X extends tool life and reduces overall machining costs.
Tool-X has been validated by many of the country’s largest manufacturers and has allowed them to reduce their machining costs by as much as 25%.Blogging
Most companies used blogging another form of advertisement of their products and services. On the other hand, private individuals mostly choose to blog so that they can voice out their own opinions and share ideas with others. In other words, it can be a sort of personal journal. It may contain personal experiences about work, life, relationships, and other things. However, you should still be aware of not sharing personal information about yourself. Criminal activities are also happening on the internet. Hackers are stealing private information and money from other people. Besides cyber security software and applications, you can also use proxies. Proxies are used for different purposes, including: boosting internet speed, sharing internet connection in a LAN, implement internet access control, bypass security restrictions and filters, and most importantly hiding your IP address so you can surf anonymously.
We really don't need to be smart to be a pretty good blogger. In fact, many writers screw up one too many times. After hundreds of mistakes over the years, we can also learn what to do and what not to do. Being a good blogger requires extensive experience no matter how smart we may be. We have more factors to consider before we should start our own blog. We may say that it is nothing really serious, but let us make sure that we will not regret in the end. And if we ought to blog on a long term basis, then we should be aware of the things that we need to know before starting. Yes, we can have lots of information from the internet. We can research almost everything that we need in order to have an idea on what we are going to write. But, we also think about the reality behind every writing because not all that we see in the internet is genuine. Moreover, we need to socialize most especially with people who work the same with us so that we can get more idea to become a great writer. If we want to learn more, I bet we need to take a startup internship.
Tool-X Improves Many Machine Tool Operations:
Tool-X has documented its benefits in numerous case studies:
- Swiss Screw and Davenport machines
- faster cycle times and improved tool life ( #101)
- CNC machines
- Gun drilling
- improved tool life in gundrilling (#107)
In addition to our case studies, we have also seen improvements in other applications:
- Milling and broaching
- Saw blades
- Cold heading – shavers and thread rollers
- Forging fluids (under test)
- Stamping fluids (under test)
Tool X Improves Quality:
- Better lubrication equals more precision cuts;
- Improved surface finish and Ra
- Fewer rejects, reworks, and burr removal
- Fewer errors from tool sharpening and replacement
Tool X Reduces Machine Overheads:
- Permits operation at faster cycle times;
- Higher capacity – Reduces bottlenecks
- Higher parts counts and productivity.
- Longer chemistry life
- Lower energy costs for machining and cooling
- Lower per unit costs
Tool-X Lowers Tool Costs:
- Shown to improve (typically double) tool life
- Less frequent tool sharpenings
- More sharpenings per tool
- Avoid using expensive coated tools
- No need for TiN coatings for many applications.
- Reduced tooling inventory
- Reduced spindle loads – fewer repairs and maintenance.